2013. március 31., vasárnap

Happy Easter!

Don't expect easter eggs here, I don't have any :D that's it...we're having a rainy/snowy easter which I hat, hoping for real spring coming soon... though some days ago I could run outside without a coat! In the snow...
  Actually, what I wanted to share in that post is something more serious thing. I was inspired again... I was at a math competition this week (I spend half of my life here yaknow) and I overheard a parent telling to their daughter that they would be more happy if she lost weight than if she won that competition. I was horrified. I mean, I know that society's standards are fucked up, but seriously, this much? Isn't being smart more important than being skinny? Winning that thing is a big thing and helps finding a good school etc. Being skinny won't help in life. And being skinny isn't equals being beautiful. I wanted to go up there and tell all these things to that parent, but well, I would just get yelled at. Poor kids there.
  We always say that we should blame society and the media for the reaching amount of anorexia and other EDs but I don't think even if we could make them stop idolizing skin and bones, the problem wouldn't be solved, as long as girls get this from home. And other things. I wonder how the next generation will be... but our generation is the same with hating ones in schools because they're fat. People's look don't define who they are. Actually, that's why I love the internet so much. It doesn't matter how you look like or where are you from there, just what you say.
  I hope that you, dear blog readers won't be like this. Accept others as much as you should accept yourself. Looks matter less than what is on the inside.
Live as this!
xoxo Alice

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése